We love Deviled Eggs, and we love crabmeat. So last year I decided to try something different and found this recipe from Taste of Home. Enjoy this traditional Easter side dish pushed up a notch! Tip - I have found adding a tsp. of baking soda to the water I boil the eggs in makes them peel much neater. Tip - My family really loves the crab, so I used more crabmeat and omitted the vegies except for the parsey on top!
Crab Deviled Eggs
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Additional minced fresh parsley
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a bowl, mash the yolks. Add the crab, mayonnaise, onion, celery, green pepper, mustard, parsley, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.
- Pipe or spoon into egg whites. Sprinkle with additional parsley. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Visit my Addoway store for cookbooks and cooking specialty magazines.
You can follow me at: