Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dawn Isn't Just For Dishes!


Last Thanksgiving we had our children, their spouses and children for the holiday - 9 extra people! The first evening everyone was here, the toilet off the rec room clogged. David plunged and plunged, but it wouldn't unclog.

Now it wasn't a total disaster - I grew up with one toilet in the house - that would have been a real problem, but we had three other toilets here. But not wanting to wait until the holiday was over to call a plumber, I went online to see if there was a solution.

I came across this thread that discussed using Dawn dishwashing liquid. It sounded really bizarre. As I kept reading the thread, more and more people raved about how it worked for them. So I took the information to my husband and he said give it a try. We were both kind of doubtful, but what the heck! At least the bowl would be really clean!

It worked! I couldn't believe it!

Here's what I did -

Be sure most of the water is out of the bowl. If you have plunged to no avail, it should be pretty empty.
Pour in 1/2 to 1 cup of Dawn.
Let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
Pour 1/2 gallon of really hot tap water into the bowl. You should see results immediately!
(the original directions said boiling water, but some people in the thread were concerned about cracking the porcelain).

You may have to repeat this - I didn't!

A few weeks ago, a friend on Facebook, posted the cartoon above and asked for help in unclogging her kitchen sink. I told her about the Dawn solution and she tried it (using boiling water) and it worked.
So save your money and try this before calling that plumber!

Do you have any unusual uses for Dawn? Please share them in the comments below.

http://www.addoway.com/donnasstuffmore/ref/126ddfaad7464489be0462aa4e74884c
http://pinterest.com/donnasstuffmore/
http://www.facebook.com/DonnasStuffMore
http://twitter.com/DonnasStuffMore

1 comment:

  1. I like this article,and i also recommend an article,what is icariin . this is an introduction icariin 50 article . there have some about icariin 60 blog. ,it from plant extract Website .

    ReplyDelete